When having any work done on your house, it should be an entitlement to have peace of mind in the abilities and professionalism of the contractors. Companies who fail to employ employee screening and testing can as a result easily loose the trust of their customers.
Here at Universal Garage Door Repair, safety and trust are at the top of our list of priorities, and thus we employ rigorous processes which ensure all our garage door technicians are more than ready for the job.
One thing that separates us from the majority of other garage door services here in Salt Lake City, is the fact that we are bonded. Before hiring a technician to work on your home, this is one of the main things you should check.
For those who are a little unsure, here’s a definition which explains exactly what being ‘bonded’ means:
Bonded: A guarantee of performance required, either by law or consumer demand, for many businesses, most typically general contractors, temporary personnel agencies, janitorial companies and businesses with government contracts.
Along with being bonded, we also have a contractors licence, a random background check and drug-test, and a stringent screening and testing process which all our technicians must pass.
Our criteria includes checking areas such as licensing, criminal records, and sex offender lists. Here’s a few more details to explain how we do it:
- We ensure the technician carries the required state-level licensing to perform work in their trade and service area.
- We perform a criminal search for relevant criminal activity in the state in which the technician is located.
- We check the official sex offender website in the state in which the technician is located to confirm that there is not a match.
Ultimately it is up to you to choose the right professional for your project. To help in this process, below we have compiled a brief checklist of things you should check before employing a professional to work on your home:
- Ask whether the professional is insured.
- Ask for customer references.
- Be wary of bids that are substantially higher or lower than the competition.
- Put it in writing. Get a contract stating exactly what is included in the scope of work for your project.
- Never pay for an entire project upfront.
- Keep records of everything!
If you are looking for a new door or a repair to an existing door, you can give us a call on 1 (801) 784-4550 to book your same day appointment, or why not pay us a visit at our showroom in Midvale, Utah.
The principal areas we serve are Salt Lake City, West and South Jordan, Sandy, Draper, Cottonwood Heights, Herriman, West Valley City and Riverton. However, if your area is not listed please don’t hesitate to call us!
Universal Garage Door Repair
2150 South 1300 East, Suite 500
Salt Lake City, UT 84106