It’s no secret there are companies and individuals out there who like to take full advantage of consumers—and especially those of us who are more vulnerable to such deception.
Unfortunately, the same is true within the garage door services profession, albeit to a lesser degree than some industries. Instead of brushing the matter under the carpet, it is important to highlight the fact, and let people know how they can best avoid this sort of thing happening to them and those close to them.
Locating professional garage door services can be a simple task, that is as long as you are equipped with the right questions and aware of certain indications which point to when a company is playing within the rules.
We are going to share with you 11 questions that everyone should ask when vetting a garage door service provider, in order to assess their legitimacy, credentials, and overall suitability for the job in question.
- Do you have a brick and mortar office in the community?
- Do you have reviews or feedback from satisfied customers?
- Are you registered with Better Business Bureau, Angie’s List, or the Chamber of Commerce?
- How long has the company been in business?
- Do you include a warranty with new installations? (Every part we sell or install here at Universal Garage Services comes with a warranty)
- Does the company carry required insurance?
- Are you a member of the International Door Association? (Firms which are, adhere to a strict code of business practices)
- Are you accredited by the Institute of Door Dealer Education, and do you use IDEA certified door technicians?
- Do you install products or repair them in compliance with local, state, and federal codes?
- When requiring repair or service work, ask: Will you provide a firm estimate prior to authorizing the work?
- Are your company vehicles professionally signed? If required, do they include a contractor license number?
When researching garage door services it pays off hugely to take due diligence in the research phase. With just a little bit of know how, you can quickly separate the professionals from the imposters, and have the peace of mind that your job will be executed seamlessly.
Looking for a bit more information? Check out the short video by The International Door Association ‘What to Look for When Selecting a Door Dealer’.
If you are looking for a new door or a repair to an existing door, you can give us a call on 1 (801) 406-9160 to book your same day appointment, or why not pay us a visit at our showroom in Midvale, Utah.
The principal areas we serve are Salt Lake City, West and South Jordan, Sandy, Draper, Cottonwood Heights, Herriman, West Valley City and Riverton. However, if your area is not listed please don’t hesitate to call us!
Universal Garage Door Services
2150 South 1300 East, Suite 500
Salt Lake City, UT 84106